Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Better Day

January 17, 2003
It started with a second opinion about our truck and ended with an evening with an old house mate from the Bubble house. In the middle was quite a nice surprise. While walking the cliffs overlooking the glassy, peeling surf, we walked by a fellow who was more than enthusiastic about the day and the surf he had just had. I mentioned how I wished I had my board so that I could go surfing, and he said, "take mine." I said, "Really? OK." and he said, "yeah, take my wetsuit too. I've only worn it twice." The hero of the day is Danny, who without knowing me for more than 5 seconds, had let me enter into the most private of places (his wetsuit, size men's Large) and take hundreds of yards away from him what would be my most prized possession. It made my day--my week. The surf was fun, head-high, and suddenly my truck "issues" vanished from consciousness. Nothing mattered but slogging around in a giant wetsuit on a board I had never seen before, and IT WAS GREAT! I caught some, came in, ran back up the cliff, and Danny told Ingrid it was her turn. She too had a blast in the water, and we both feel much, much better now. Thanks Danny. Later in the evening, a Stefan and his girlfriend Shantanee stopped by to chat, have a beer, and fulfill an already remarkably fantastically inexorably dia mejor.
Stefan and Shantee Jan 17, 2003

Scooby PiƱata for sale on Ebay by Jen January 17, 2003




Where are we now? What are we doing? We run a Surf Camp in Costa Rica. Pavones, Costa Rica that is... home of the longest left hand warm water pointbreak in the universe

1 comment:

  1. Costa Rica is truly the gem of Central America!If you want to indulge your mind and body amidst the serenity of nature, then don't think about any other destination.

    Adventure tours in Costa Rica

    ReplyDelete